Saturday, October 1, 2016

Soccer Opening Day and Flag Football Week 2

Estimated Reading time....1  minute, 22 seconds.... a quick one

Okay Scottsdale, it is still hot.  Today soccer was at 10 AM and flag football was at 1:00 PM.  It was 95 degrees when we got done with our 1:00 game and I was drenched,  We do not even have humidity but it sure felt like it today.

The soccer team is a bunch of four and almost five year olds.  We played a team today of 6 year olds, some of them were a full head taller.  Our kids hung in there and our G son scored a goal.  Yahoo.
We definitely won for the cutest team.  A bunch of our players are back from Spring season and they are the nicest group of parents.
Two of the boys decided to play goalie at once and the coach quickly put a stop to that so the result was one goalie at a time.

Then on to Flag Football.
I needed to get out of the chair to get better pics but here are a few fun ones.  We scored twice today.  Better than last week.  The boys are improving and seem to be having fun.
Playing defense in flag football on a hot Arizona day.
Wow- they look older than 7 today.
One week from today will be Day 2 of the Desert Trip.  Neil Young starts the evening off so we are hoping that the weather is at least a tiny bit cooler.  Indio, CA is not on a heat island like Phoenix so it should cool down when the sun goes down.  Tune in to Sirius Channel 26 starting on Monday to hear exclusively  artists appearing at The Desert Trip.....Can't wait!!!

Heart Of Gold....by Neil Young
"I want to live,
I want to give
I've been a miner for a heart of gold.
It's these expressions
I never give
That keep me searching for a heart of gold.

And I'm getting old.
Keep me searching for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old."

Coming Soon:

  • Desert Trip Realized
  • Probably a lot of lead in's to the Desert Trip- I am not excited or anything
  • Tribute to Papou- a Greek Remembered
  • Friends Houses decorated for fall
  • The Garage 
  • The Kitchen Reno
  • October Wishes 
  • Outdoor decorating for fall
Love, Ya-Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment