Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Prelude to The Desert Trip, My favorite concerts.......

Estimated Reading Time.....2 minutes, 7 seconds

Wow- this is a very hard one.  I have been to a lot of concerts and many performers I have seen numerous times.....so my repeats are at the top of my list,  they include:

1.  Paul McCartney- You knew he would be my number 1.  I never saw The Beatles but I have seen Paul a bunch of times and I will see him again next week.  Please sing my favorite songs, In My Life, I've Just Seen a Face, Here Comes the Sun......and on and on it goes

2.  The Eagles- Also seen numerous times- I am still very sad about the passing of Glenn Frey.  I cried like a crazy person when a band played Take It East at Cheeseburger in Paradise in Maui.  Sorry to my kids for making a fool of myself.

3.  Jimmy Buffett- Not necessarily for his singing ability but this is one of the most fun shows you will ever attend.  I have seen Jimmy a dozen times??? Maybe more....If you have never been,  first learn the songs so you can scream sing them along with the crowd....And you might want to have a few beers just to fit in with the rest of the scream singers....

4.  Garth Brooks- The first time I saw Garth I did not know a single song.  I was a little frustrated that my clients were so crazy over him.  After attending the concert I bought some of his music and became a Garth lover.  He is really special and I have seen him a few times.

5.  Dixie Chicks- They are very good musicians and vocalists, and they have great words.  I have been lucky enough to see them twice.

Almost made the list:
The Beach Boys- first saw when I was 12 years old and a bunch of times after
The Supremes-first saw when I was 12 and then saw Diana Ross when she was solo
John Mellencamp
Neil Young
Bob Seger
James Taylor
Carole King
The Temptations
The Four Tops
Janet Jackson
James Gang

Wish I could have seen:
Bruce Springsteen- we had tickets to one of his concerts and one of our kids broke his jaw in an at home accident and had to be wired....so we missed the concert.  I am not a huge Bruce fan....but still disappointed as I have heard his concerts are phenomenal.
Elvis
Michael Jackson
Queen
Tom Petty- I wish he would tour near here

Concerts that I did not like at all:
Neil Diamond- Sorry Dan and Rosemary
Jimmy Page and Robert Plant
George Straight-boring
Madonna- no comment
Sly and The Family Stone- could not understand any of the songs--- they were completely out of it.
Bread- really can you believe I went to Bread----

There were loads of others that do not make the strong like or dislike list and I am sure that I am missing a few of my loves.

Next week we will see:
Bob Dylan
The Rolling Stones-never seen them

Neil Young
Paul McCartney- just a few more days to see my all time favorite.....
The Who- this will also be a first for us
Roger Waters from Pink Floyd--- I don't really like Pink Floyd so I am not sure how this will be for me.

Rumors are that Eric Clapton will be joining The Rolling Stones next week--- but who knows if any rumors are true.  If I were an old rock star I would want to perform at this concert....right??


"Cinnamon Girl" by Neil Young----next week.....Neil Young on Saturday night!!!

"I wanna live with a cinnamon girl
 I could be happy the rest of my life
 With a cinnamon girl
 A dreamer of pictures

 I run in the night
 You see us together
 Chasing the moonlight
 My cinnamon girl"

Sirius channel 26 is playing only Desert Trip artists next week.  If you want to hear the prelude to the concert.  I heard today that this is the highest grossing concert of all time at $150,000,000.  Wow that is a big number.....Stay tuned and I will give you a first hand view of it all......

Coming Soon:

  • Tribute to Papou
  • Fall Decorating Outside
  • The Desert Trip Realized
  • Neighbors Craft A Thon
  • Burlap Book Project
  • The Kitchen Reno
  • Friends Decorate for fall
  • Garage Makeover
  • View from a bike in Arizona
Love, Ya-Ya






No comments:

Post a Comment