Just about everyone I know is already retired. But we both want to hang on as long as we can because we love what we do for a living and I have the ability to work from anywhere. So why hang it up? I had a little office set up in the condo we rent and I had a view of the Glorietta Bay and the boat docks. I saw fireworks every night from at least two locations and sometimes three, if the Padres were in town. I love fireworks.
Here is the problem. I have to go back to AZ sometime. Clients want to actually see me and of course my dogs want to see me, and I have about a zillion projects going that need to be tended to at home --- so return to reality happens right now.
I have much to look forward to:
- My first photography class-this Saturday!!
- Broadway shows with my friend
- Home staging
- Cleaning out my garage
- Planning another "Epic" garage sale
- Getting my garden back in line.... it needs a little love right now. It misses me.
- Fall decorating. I have been watching some of my favorite bloggers and they have been talking and showing Fall decorating all month. It is still over 100 degrees in AZ so I could not have done it even if I would have been home. The neighbors would have laughed me out of the neighborhood. I think they may do that anyway when I start decorating in September. I usually leave the outdoor decorating on the front patio for last so they can't see what I am up to.
- A few fall projects, including the book painting project and the burlap book covering project. All ideas from Yvonne at Stonegableblog.com.
I finished a Halloween project while I was on my retreat. It was a kit and I changed it up a bit but I will freely admit that the kits made by this company are fabulous and I basically just follow their clear instructions. If you want to make a book to chronicle your memories, take a look at "Button Farm". Their choice of materials and instructions are awesome. Anyone can make a successful project. I am planning to fill this book with pics of the G kids in their Halloween costumes.
|Inside front cover and page 1|
|All of the following pics are interior pages of the Halloween Kit, completed.|