Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Perfect Bloggers

Do you hate those bloggers that have a perfect house, updated for the new season, three months in advance of the season?  And they cook and do projects and probably practice law on the side.  I am NOT this blogger.

I did get my fly shot today.  Did you get yours????

I signed up for my first photography class, and I missed it.  I was working on staging a house and it took twice as long as I anticipated.  I was disappointed but I will sign up for the class again.  So don't expect my pictures to be any better.
This is how it looks during unpacking phase......

I asked Marty(husband) to start to bring me some fall stuff from storage.  This is the year I am going to purge and either sell or donate the stuff that I don't use.  I am not going to continue to pay for storage for items that I don't even love or use any longer.  So today 15 plastic bins of stuff arrived.  It is maybe half of my fall stuff.  The dining room is filled with bins.  I started opening them but I decided to sit down and write a blog about what a mess I am making....it is kind of overwhelming, and then I look at other women's blogs and I think how can they possibly get all of this done.
Bins everywhere and newspapers cluttering the floor.......................

So here is my plan.  I am going to work on the bins for an hour, read for an hour and then repeat until they are all unpacked.  I hope I find a few bins with quilts or something that takes up a bunch of space so I can empty the bins quicker.  I did hang one quilt today and I hung a couple of pictures but I am not exaggerating there is a mess in every single room.
Dining room cabinet started.......................

Today will be purely filled with before pictures.....oh and I want to do a kitchen reno----really??? I must be crazy....I need to look at floors, cabinets, backsplash tile, appliances.....in my spare time.
Piles on my dining room table- this is reality folks and the true story of a real life blogger, who does not have a staff and who has four G kids and a real JOB and a yard...............Crybaby.................

I am in another rest period so that I do not end up hospitalized from climbing a ladder too many times- I have accumulated one bin of "to sell" items and one bin of outdoor lights, and one bin of outdoor window stuff.  I will not do anything outdoors until at least the end of September.  I do not really want the neighbors to know how crazy I am- So I have a couple of weeks to rest up for the big outdoor decorating.  There is still a mess in every room but I need to get it all unpacked before I can figure out where it goes......
Kitchen table in process.................
This house will not have "early fall", "late fall", Halloween, etc.  When fall comes, Halloween comes to our house.  There is no way I could do fall three different times- really- are they mad???? Maybe they have ten helpers......
Kitchen table- started

One shelf started

Fireplace started.....

Fireplace hearth started........................
I hope you get a couple of chuckles from the real life transformation to fall.  I do admire the bloggers who can do it all , but I am clearly not one of them.  But stay tuned for the next phase- I think there are about 15 cartons yet to arrive-----I know what I am missing- It is sick I know.  This year I am going to downsize.

I am ordering the Halloween costumes for the G kids today.  have you ordered yours yet??


You Can't Always Get What You Want-Rolling Stones, 1968
"No, you can't always get what you want,
You Can't always get what you want,
You can't always get what you want,
But if you try sometime, you find
You  get what you  need"....................

Coming Soon:

  • Phantom or Wicked
  • Real Fall decorating
  • The Desert Trip
  • The Kitchen Reno
  • House Staging, a complete reno
Love, Ya-Ya
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need
o, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need
cllNoNo, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You geti

2 comments:

  1. Honey you are not alone! I've seen some posts where bloggers have shown the behind the scenes of what looks like a perfect home. We all have out spurts of organization and creativity. Sometimes I have way more ideas than I have the energy/time or money for. Do what you can when you can and give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate the kind words. I am with you on too many ideas and not enough time.

      Delete