Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Burlap Book Project and a Halloween Book

Estimated reading time 2 minutes...17 seconds





I saw a project on stonegableblog.com about covering a hardbound book with burlap.  Her instructions are very clear and straightforward.  So I have had "to buy burlap" on my list for a while.

Finally,  I went to Hobby Lobby and they had the most luscious burlap in a lot of different patterns with polka dots in black, chevrons, fleur de lis, alphabets, plain black and burlap beige with just a hint of glimmer.  So I ought a few yards and some new Mod Podge and I am ready to start the project.  For instructions,  please go to stonegableblog.com and look in her tutorials.  It is right there if you have an interest in making some of these.

My plan is to cover a few and use them a backdrops for my other decor items.  The black and burlap color scheme will fit into many of my decor items.  I love black and have a lot of burlap these days as accents.

I will share some pics when I get the books completed.  So stay tuned.

I have completed this Halloween book project so I thought I would share a few pics.  This book will be the destination for photos of the Gkids in costume or pumpkin patch or anything Halloweeny or Octobery.  It is actually a box that holds a fold out so you take it apart to look at it.  There are also a number of spots where you lift the tab to see what is inside, like the black cat below with the washi tape...it is a lift and see what is inside tab.
The inside accordion 


The box closed....

I finished ordering my Christmas books for the Gkids.  If you missed my blog about it---I buy 24 books for each family ( in my case there are two).  I wrap the Christmas books and then put a number on each book, so that the kids know which book to open on December 1, December 2, etc.  When the bin is empty it is Christmas.  Each night they read a book about Christmas and enjoy the family togetherness.  This is the fourth year for this project so it was hard to find books that are not repeats and two of the G kids can read so I took that into account and tried to find books that are right for their age and reading ability.
A bunch of my Christmas book project books

The kids love silly books and I thought Santa's Underwear was perfect.

Another of the books from The Christmas Book Project

Are you feeling as busy as I am?  I think my list just keeps growing and it never shrinks even though I try to accomplish a number of things every day.  I will freely admit that when I first started blogging I felt like I needed to do it everyday.So my reading came to almost a complete stop.  Now I am back to reading three or four books a week and blogging less.  I hope you will still find a few minutes to "take a look at my life"---- Oh my gosh that is a Neil Young lyric....Old Man.  I think I just used that song....scary
You can never have too many princesses

Costumes from years past

Pinball Wizard by The Who

"He's a pinball wizard
There has to be a twist
A pinball wizard's
Got such a supple wrist
How do you think he does it?
I don't know
What makes him so good?"

It is just a little over a week until The Desert Trip.  The Who are on Sunday night......

Coming Soon:

  • The Desert Trip Realized
  • The Kitchen reno
  • Decorating for fall outdoors
  • Neighbors Craft A Thon
  • A few friends houses decorated for fall
  • Tribute to Papou
  • Garage Makeover
Love, Ya-Ya











No comments:

Post a Comment