Friday, September 16, 2016

The Queen Doesn't Cook

Reading Time............2 minutes, 12 seconds

I know that I have been telling you that I was going to learn to cook.  Well, not quite yet.  But I did buy a few bread mixes from Williams Sonoma.  I made a couple of them last year and they really were delicious.  See Ya-Ya can cook....from a mix where you only add a few eggs and butter.

I do have a story from the first mix I made last year.  The mix called for melted butter, so I put the butter in the microwave to melt it.  I was not sure how long it took to melt butter but I just put it in and started the microwave. To save time I decided to break the eggs into the bowl and get that started while the butter was melting.  I did a bad job breaking the eggs, there were bits of shell in the bowl. While I was fishing out the shell, the butter exploded in the microwave.  It was all over the microwave and the biggest mess imaginable.  Totally gross.  Lesson learned, stand and watch the butter melt and it only takes a few seconds.  Do not push start and walk away or you may have an explosion on your hands.

Part of my last years cooking experiment included buying the coolest pans at Williams Sonoma that have pumpkins in the design.  I can't find them.  I think they are is storage with my missing stuff....I am going to have to use a regular bread pan if I can't find the cool one.   This is the sign of a person who has too much stuff
I also tried a different mix from Trader Joe's last year.  I thought I was really a good cook because I had a small amount of success with my Williams Sonoma mixes.  The Trader Joe's mixes were not nearly as good.....so go straight to Williams Sonoma.  There may be other good mixes but these are for sure tasty.

I have another good story about buying cheap stuff versus buying the good stuff.  I was told to drink green tea for it's antioxidants.  I thought that would be easy and I put green tea on the grocery list.  Marty bought some generic green tea bags at the grocery store.  They were so bad that I needed to plug my nose to get it down.  So I was telling one of my friends about how awful the green tea was and that I did not think I could choke it down.  She started laughing at my tea ignorance and told me to go to a real Tea Shop and buy some really good tea.  So I went to TeaVana and said I wanted some green tea tea bags.  They started laughing.  I told them that I did not drink tea and that I had been referred to them.  They proceeded to teach me how to do one cup of tea a really easy way and without a tea bag.  They have this nifty cup that you just dump the tea into, steep the tea and then it strains out into your tea cup.  They also suggested a couple of teas to mix with the green to help a novice like me like the taste.  I did it.  My favorite blend is Jasmine Pearls Green(2 scoops) mixed with Lavender Citrus(1 scoop).


Cup of Tea by Kacey Musgraves.............
"You can't be everybody's cup of tea
Some like the bitter, some the sweet
Nobody's everybody's favorite
So you might as well just make it how you please
Cause you can't be everybody's cup of tea"

Coming Soon:

  • The Desert Trip
  • Fall continued
  • Tribute to Papou- A Greek remembered
  • Projects
  • Cheap Internet Shopping


No comments:

Post a Comment