Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Wicked?....Phantom???

Estimated Reading time 2 minutes, 8 seconds...........

I had a great suggestion from a friend this morning to try to estimate the "reading"time of each blog. I thought it was a great idea.  So I will include that each time I post.  I know you have a couple of minutes to catch up with me and I will try to put a smile on your face.

Before I talk about Broadway I want to update you on the Halloween costumes.  They are ordered and super cute.  There will be pictures galore so stay tuned.  If you are a Grandparent this Halloween tradition is a fun one.  Choosing the costumes with the G kids and then when they arrive we make a big deal about trying them on to get the kids super pumped and then they stay at Ya-Ya's house until picture day so there is no chance of anything getting lost or ripped or ruined in advance of the Halloween events.  I highly recommend this fun tradition and the pictures top it off.  The end result for me besides the fun and smiles are the cards that I can make from the cool pictures of the G kids---- so all of you Ya-Ya's out there Just Do It.......................


I have a dear friend that goes to the Broadway series with me.  She has had season tickets for years and has included me for the past few years.  We attend the touring show of a Broadway show about once a month in the fall, winter and spring and then nothing in the summer, which is fine as summer is our time to escape the heat and head out of town.  Anyway,  my friend asked me why I didn't write about my favorite  Broadway shows.  It is a great idea,  so here goes:


1.  Wicked- Doesn't everyone choose this one??

2. Priscilla Queen of the Desert- I know you may have not seen it,  but it is really a fun show with great music!  Go see it if it comes to your town.
3.  Chicago- Love it and would see it 10 times

4.  Phantom-of course on everyone's list
5. Kinky Boots-super fun and great music
6.  Chorus Line- Have to include this one-

Disappointments include:
Flashdance
Dirty Dancing
Cinderella
Peter Pan

Good ones:
Pippin
Newsies
Mama Mia
Movin Out
Jersey Boys
Smokey Joes Cafe

We have also seen a few horrible ones that I block from my mind.  The one with the pretend horses I think I fell asleep.  I had the flu for Motown and I have heard it is one of the best ever.....oh well.

This season has the Carole King show, Beautiful, which I have been wanting to see.  Also Cabaret, The Sound of Music, Finding Neverland, An American in Paris, The Curious Incident of the Dogs in the Night-Time.......Next season Hamilton

What are your favorite shows?

Beautiful By Carole King...................
"You've got to get up every morning with a smile on your face
And show the world all the love in your heart
Then people gonna treat you better
You're gonna find, yes, you will
That you're beautiful as you feel"

Coming Soon:

  • Fall Decorating
  • My favorite concerts
  • The Desert Trip- One month to go
  • Staging a reno
Love, Ya-Ya





No comments:

Post a Comment