Wednesday, July 27, 2016

40 Acts of Kindness



One of my clients reached a milestone this year, 40 years in business.  Wow, quite an accomplishment.  Today is my 11 year anniversary of starting my business and I am thrilled that I made it another year.  I actually hope to celebrate many more anniversaries.  I can't just blog, read and watch NetFlix.


This client decided to, as a company, do 40 Acts of Kindness, to honor their 40 years in business.  What a  cool thing to do.  I am so impressed and so proud to have a client with so much respect for others.


Some of the things they are doing include:
  • Taking water bottles to the homeless
  • Cooking dinner at a local non profit
  • Build a bear for the children's hospital
  • Blood donations


This reminded me of something that happened to us, Father's Day 2015.  We had scheduled brunch at a local restaurant.  There were the four Grand kids, our adult sons and their wives and my husband, a total of 10 people.  When we go out to celebrate something as important as Father's Day,  we order appetizers, drinks, entrees, and desserts.  Yes, there were four kiddos,  plus 6 adults.  We were having a wonderful time with the g kids all laughing and telling stories.  We were not the quiet table.  I think everyone knew we were there.


When we prepared to leave,  our son asked for the bill.  It was Father's Day and the boys wanted to pay.  The waitress said the tab was already paid.  I accused my husband of picking up the tab.  He said that he had not.  The waitress said a man at the bar picked up our tab.  Are you kidding me?  We wanted to thank him but he had already left the restaurant.  The boys then picked a table with a family to pay it forward and pay their bill.  We need to do this often.  It is such a sweet surprise for the recipient and so fun for you.


Pick up the tab for the person behind you at Starbucks.  Actually hold the door for the little, old lady walking into Barnes and Noble.  Let someone with a few items go in front of you in the check out line.  Buy bottles of water for the homeless.  Donate food at the food bank......

My last garage sale had bargain basement prices, loads of things for a dollar. At the end of the sale, we called a favorite charity and they had four vehicles ready to pack up our stuff.  The garage was clean in about 30 minutes.  Lots of clothing and household stuff that they could distribute or sell in their thrift shop.  I hit the lottery, my garage was cleared out.



"I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways,
No message could have  been any clearer, if you want to make the world a better place,
Take a look at yourself and then make a change"-Michael Jackson, Man in the Mirror


Coming soon:
Top Five Albums
The Birthday Club
Rehearsal dinner from Afar
How long 'til Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment