Friday, July 22, 2016

Happy Birthday Three Year Old-Just the Family

Sorry I am in the background.  I try to not be in many pics.  I like to take them but am not crazy about being part of them.


Okay, I know those of you who have started reading my blog might think I am a
little crazy on this party thing and I freely admit I am.  But when I am looking back and seeing the pics I realize that I may have a tiny bit of a problem knowing when to quit.  It is always good to have some self reflection.
I got a little carried away with the torn fabric.  Note the skirt that the Birthday Girl is wearing.  It matches the banners.

I also have a tiny bit of a magazine and catalog obsession.  You are not surprised.  I look at the pictures with the Grandkids and they tell me what they really like, especially if their birthday is coming.  So I was sitting on the couch looking at a decorating magazine and it was almost one of the girls' third birthday.  We had decided that we were going to have a small celebration just for the family.  Keep in mind that there can be as many as 21 if everyone on both sides of the family attend a small "family gathering".  And this does not include anyone that lives out of town.
Look at the tiny banner on the top of the cake.  I started with wooden skewers and then used ribbon and tiny torn fabric to match the banner.

So I am perusing the magazine and there is a party shown that is all pastels.  The about to be Three year old says "Ya-Ya that is what I want for my party".  The party looks fabulous and I knew we could make it look at least kind of like the magazine.

Once I started working on it we had a blast.  I started with the torn fabric garland.  The family  sat on the couch and tore fabric.  You will see that I like this look and it really looks cute in my kitchen window.  So that was the start of a landslide of pastel stuff.  After we did the window,  I wanted to do the back of the chairs, then I wanted to do a tiny banner for the top of the cake.  I wish I would have taken pictures of the cake when it was cut.  The different layers were different colors with the filling also different colors so that it looked like a pastel rainbow.  When we had this party I had no idea that I would decide to blog about it in the future.  I just wanted pictures to make a birthday book of memories for the Birthday Girl.

I also like cake pops and wanted to get a little blue onto the table.  I used an antique quilt as my table covering and then layered with a piece of little girl princess fabric.  No sewing just a piece of fabric. I filled candy jars with the colors of the party.  So there is a lot of pink and pastel candy just to make it cute.

I had my favorite bakery make the pink princess cookies.  The kids loved them.
Princess cookies

The cake looks kid of lonely without the little banner but we were getting ready to light the THREE candles and did not want to start a fire.  




"'Cause our children are watching us
They put their trust in us
They're gonna be like us
So let's learn from our history
And do it differently


I hope for more love, more joy and laughter

I hope we'll have more than we'll ever need
I hope we'll have more 'happy ever after'
I hope we can all live more fearlessly
And we can lose all the pain and misery
I hope, I hope"


Dixie Chicks "I Hope"


Thanks for visiting my blog.  Party On!
Love, Ya-Ya


No comments:

Post a Comment