Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Toes in the Water

Just a few days until beach.


I have figured out a way to have a little longer time than usual at the beach.  It is called using your computer from a remote location and working everyday.   Good news- no catch up when you get home either because I am caught up all the time. I can have more  time away and still not miss out on work.  I try to do my catch up first thing in the morning and then enjoy the day as soon as I can complete the updates.

If I have guests,  they  know that I work first thing.  I may not make the trip to the Zoo or Lego Land with them because I have some things to do,  but it is wonderful.  I have worked a lot of years and have not allowed myself this freedom until recently.

I was formerly a workaholic and never took more than a week away from work at once.  After all, the building would fall down if I wasn't there, right?  Wrong- nothing really happens.  There are many capable people who can carry the ball if I am out of touch.


Prepping for a beach vacation....
Can't wait any longer to start the prep.  I have rented the same condo for a number of years.  This year I am renting a different unit but in the same building, so I am not sure what to expect.

I have taken a bunch of bins of beachy things for the past several years.  My husband was not happy to lug this decorating stuff from AZ to CA just to make the rental look nicer.....so I am just taking my personal stuff.  I am a little nervous because I like things a certain way.  I already know where the Home Goods store is located, close by,  so if I have to I could pick up a couple of things.  There are also a bunch of cute shops in Coronado,  but no bargains like Home Goods.


Stuff to remember to take:
  • I pod/charger---I know I may be the only person without an I phone.  So I still have my music and our family playlist on an I pod 
  • Shuffle and charger 
  • Mini speakers plus charger 
  • I pad and charger 
  • Laptop and charger 
  • Phone and charger 
  • Beach chairs 
  • Beach umbrellas 
  • Beach wagon 
  • Beach rolling cooler 
  • Audio books for car ride 
  • Mini cooler for car 
  • Beach towels 
  • Sunscreen 
  • Hats 
  • Bike and lock and key 
  • Books- I have been saving some of my favorite authors for the trip
  • Magazines 
  • Spiral bound notebooks 
  • Halloween project 
  • Knitting projects 
  • Camera and camera stuff 
  • Blow up beds- just in case of overflow
  • Playing cards
  • Plastic drink cups


Clothes list:
  • Sundresses
  • Shorts
  • Tees
  • Jacket
  • Swimsuits
  • Cover ups
  • Flip flops
  • Sweatshirt
  • Extra glasses and sunglasses- I broke a pair of sunglasses at a Jimmy Buffett preparty (someone was tossing a beach ball right at my head) and lost my regular glasses later in the day.  I went without for a whole weekend in Las Vegas a few years ago.  I will never travel again without a spare of sunglasses and regular glasses.  Also I have a very strong prescription for both near and far,  so everything is airbrushed without my glasses.  Plus I could not read- not good.
  • Jewelry
  • Makeup- I try not to wear any but I still pack it.
  • Hair products
  • Skin care stuff
  • Blow dryer
  • Hot rollers
  • Sneakers
  • Sox
  • Underwear
  • Nightgowns








"Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand, Life is good today, Life is Good Today"-Toes by Zac Brown Band

Coming soon:
Top Five Albums on your personal list
Rehearsal dinner planning from afar
A complete condo reno- just to sell
Bucket List
Surfer Birthday Party
What to do on a Beach vacation
Staging a house using what you have- no furniture rented or purchased

 Enjoy your day and do a good deed.
Love, Ya-Ya


No comments:

Post a Comment