Sunday, August 14, 2016

Good Day Sunshine- The West Side of Orange

I am trying to decide if I should write a blog today or just read the Jane Green book that I started last night way too late.  Jane is winning,  but I have a few pictures to post of the West side of Orange Avenue, the shops and restaurants I like.  This is all from Coronado, CA.

I am so used to this beach town that I don't pay attention to all of the funky, cool treasures.  This morning I decided to shoot a few pictures of my favorites,  so if you are ever in Coronado here is the first installment:

Coronado Resort Wear- Tee shirt shop- just a cool sign


There are bikes everywhere.  It is much easier to ride your bike than it is to drive.  Parking is at a premium.  And most places are walkable.

Vigilucci's.  An Italian restaurant with open windows- Not quite outside but almost.  Also music almost every night.

One of my hubbie's favorites.  Village Pizzeria.  When it is open the crowds are clogging the sidewalks to get in.  We usually carry out or have it delivered.  I love the garlic knots.

The cute little man in front of the Village Pizzeria

I love Island Pasta.  They will let adults order children's portions.  Yah!

I just like the sign

Seaside Papery.  A great card and stationery store.  I also bought some markers for my journals and washi tape.  I forgot to bring washi tape and I was in withdrawal.  I have since been to the pharmacy, Seaside Papery and Michaels.  So now I have a bowl full of washi tape.  I feel much better now.
My cousin asked me if I really used Washi tape.  Is she crazy?  I proceeded to show her my spiral notebooks ( I have four here) that have loads of washi tape embellishments.  I also showed her my planner with a few tape embellishments here and there.  I told her it just takes a few seconds and makes everything much more fun.
Charisma- Beachy stuff- You may note that the "lighted "Beach" sign might look familiar.  It was a gift from my Brother and my SIL last summer when they came to visit me.  I love that sign.  It will always bring me warm memories of our visit.

Window at Charisma.

Charisma

Charisma

Coronado Flower Lady

Coronado Flower Lady



Just a cool clock

Even the bike racks are cool in Coronado

This is close to Starbucks.  The bike log jam continues.  This is taken on a Saturday morning.  It is not as crazy during the weekdays.

One of my favorite restaurants in Coronado.  Primavera serves Italian food and is very busy.  It is a small place so make a reservation.

Primavera awning

Coronado Bliss


This is to honor all of my wine friends, I mean Sue.

The Burger Lounge will always remind me of my Mom.  I took her here once and she said "Is this a chain?". She was very disappointed that I had chosen to take her: number 1 to a burger joint and number 2 to a chain burger joint.  I told her they had wine and beer but she was still not happy.  I love the Burger Joint but it is burgers and beer  and casual dining.

Luxury Farm- Started in 2014.  I love this place.  There are many pics to follow on this one. 


Luxury Farm

Luxury Farm

Luxury Farm

Luxury Farm

Luxury Farm

Luxury Farm

Luxury Farm- Vats to dispense your fresh olive oil

Luxury Farms Olive oil sign

Luxury Farms

Luxury Farms


Luxury Farms

Luxury Farms

Luxury Farms


The old fashioned movie theater, very nicely renovated, great seats, tiny theaters and great popcorn.


Movie marquee
Stay tuned for more Coronado pictures but Jane Green is calling my name and I broke a nail and need to trek up to the nail salon and get it fixed.  So many things to do and so little time.......

Good Day Sunshine- The Beatles
"Good day sunshine, good day sunshine, good day sunshine
I need to laugh and when the sun is out
I've got something I can laugh about
I feel good in a special way
I'm in love and it's a sunny day"

Coming soon:
  • The Hotel Del Coronado
  • The East side of Orange Avenue
  • Biking the Island
  • The ferry landing
  • Online cheap shopping
  • Broadway shows
  • Bucket List

Love, Ya-Ya








No comments:

Post a Comment