Thursday, August 11, 2016

Moms and Mimosas

I can't believe that the G kids are back in school.  My cousin was just telling me that in her town the first day of school,  the Moms drop off the kids and head to a winery for Mimosas.  They are trying to be happy,  not sad about dropping the kids off for the first time.  I thought that sounded like a fine idea.


Off to Pre K and 2nd Grade
It seems too early for back to school.  It is only 108 degrees.If Back to school were a few weeks later the kids would be at the beach and not in a classroom.  In Arizona,  we send the kids back to school the first or second week of August.  The air conditioning bills for the schools must be astronomical. The kids can not go outside for recess because it is too hot.  I feel for the teachers and the kids.

One of the  G kids is entering last year of preschool, one in Kindergarten, one in first grade and one in second grade.  They go the three different schools and so we will have a lot of school programs and Grandma's Days to attend.  We LOVE it.  Thanks to our kids for living close enough for us to participate in everything.  We are grateful.

The start of the school year will also mean the start of sports and dance and other activities.  I saw "Bad Moms" recently with my cousin.  There is a real message about being the "perfect Mom" and the Moms who have their kids in fourteen activities and do their school projects for the kids.  The message is that it is okay to not have them in all those activities and NOT to do their projects for them.
First Day of Kindergarten and First Grade

Last year I went to one of the kids' school projects day, kind of like our old fashioned science fair, but it was not about science,  just projects that were displayed at school.  I looked around the room and realized that 90% of the projects were made by the Moms or Dads.  Kids in the early primary grades can not make perfect art projects.  It was kinda sad.
Let's make this year a good one for our Grandkids, kids, Grandparents.  Support the kids, cheer them on, help them,  but don't make their projects.

If you go see "Bad Moms" there are many songs that your G kids sing.  This one reminds me of the kids and their dancing and singing obsession.  It is all good.


"Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon

"Just keep your eyes on me
I said you're holding back
She said shut up and dance with me
This woman is my destiny
She said oh oh oh
Shut up and dance"


Coming Soon:

  • Follow the Yellow Brick Road
  • The Bucket List
  • The Birthday Club
  • The Mermaid Party
Love, Ya-Ya


No comments:

Post a Comment