Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Do the kids care?


Wow- I thought I was a pretty good party host.  But not really, when I look back at the photos.  This cake is before I had a cake lady and I think I bought it at the grocery store---Three year olds do not know the difference.  I thought you might be interested to see my evolution over the years.  You have seen some recent parties.  This is an old one .....I was not always as fanatical as I am now......and do the kids care?



I still use this great red tin. It has magnets of different occasions, although some of my favorite ones have been broken over the years.  If you see these holiday magnets, please let me know as I need to replenish my stock.  The red polka dotted tin is still going strong and makes it to many of our family parties.  It is a great holder for ice and drinks.  Even my flowers look a bit pitiful.

I used plastic trucks to hold treats for the kids.  I remember filling one with the healthy snack, Cheetos, because the kids seemed to be obsessed with Cheetos at the time.  But I did not get a picture of that one.  Ya-Ya always strives for healthy.
The theme was firetrucks but I was a little off the theme when I used other trucks....okay Ya-Ya.  
This party was right after the fourth of July so there are still some remnants of the fourth of July hanging around.

Balloons can always make a party more festive. 

These tables look a little junky--- I know.  But I do want to preserve the memories.
I can't believe that I thought that this summer tray worked for the firetruck cake-----It would not work now.
Presents are always the best part.  I used to wrap up something for the kids that were not having a birthday so they would not feel left out.  One of my G kids said "Books are not a present, Ya-Ya".  So I quit that tradition in the blink of an eye.  Really,  I was trying to do something nice and it just was not up to the cool stuff the birthday kid was getting.
Happy #3.


If you are a simple party host do not feel bad.  You can perk up your skills with a little practice and remember that the kids don't care.  Peter Piper Pizza has hosted many a party and the kids are just as excited to go there.

I heard this song on the radio and want to remind you that current singers still sing about "American Pie"......Enjoy.....

John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16........Keith Urban

"I'm a 45 spinning on an old Victrola
I'm a two strike swinger, I'm a Pepsi cola
I'm a blue jean quarterback saying "I love you" to the prom queen in a Chevy
I'm John Wayne, Superman, California
I'm a Kris Kristofferson Sunday morning
I'm a mom and daddy singing along to Don McLean at the Levy"

Coming Soon:
  • Return to reality
  • Wicked???? Phantom???
  • Coronado one last look
  • Online shopping on the cheap
  • Conversion from beachy decorating to Fall
  • Ya-Ya goes back to school
Love, Ya-Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment