Monday, August 15, 2016

Orange Avenue -Coronado, CA

Now for a look on the East side of the street.  Orange Avenue in Coronado, CA.  I am only spotlighting my favorite places so bear with me as I go down the street.





Orange Avenue goes from one end of the island to the other.  Starting at about the Hotel Del Coronado there are shops and restaurants stretching for about five or six blocks.  There are also shops and restaurants on the side streets connecting to Orange.  


This is my bike shop.  I have the coolest bike,  maybe I will take a pic later this week.  I have been walking so I can take pictures.

Bikes For Sale

Ace Hardware 949 Orange
The Attic- just off Orange about 20 steps--- I love the awning.
One of my favorites is LeRoy's Kitchen.  Live music and lots of fresh air and great food.
Leroy's Kitchen- from the sidewalk
A peek into LeRoy's Kitchen from the sidewalk
Mootime Ice Cream Parlor
Mootime
Costa Azul Mexican Restaurant
Costa Azul
McP's Irish Pub
 McP's is the best place to be on a Sunday afternoon, if my favorite local band, Ron's Garage,  is playing on the patio.  They play all of the songs on our family playlist.  They are super fun to watch and play in a lot of local spots.  McP's is a burger and beer kind of place.
Trolley
 I have not ever ridden the trolley but I think there are several trolley options.  I do see the Trolley salespeople in a booth right by McP's.
McP's
Brigantine- always busy- make a res---  Seafood
Brigantine
Miguel's- in the alley behind the Brigantine- great margarita's and queso dip  My favorite Mexican place.  But I am not a Mexican expert--- I like the hideaway in the alley--

Miguel's

Miguel's
I will take some photos of the Hotel Del and will post soon about that landmark hotel.  I am also thinking that I should take some pics of the things I like at the other end of the island.  FYI- I ride my bike there, under the bridge on the bikepath, or I drive my car.  The kids and Marty walk it but I like to drive or bike.  There is a a bunch of stuff at that end so stay tuned.

The sunrise this morning over Glorietta Bay.  I know I am not a pro photographer but it was pretty spectacular with the reflection on the bay.  It was like glass this morning.





Summer of '69-Bryan Adams

"I got my first real six-string
Bought it at the five-and-dime
Played it 'til my fingers bled
Was the summer of '69
Me and some guys from school
Had a band and we tried real hard.
Jimmy quit, Jody got married
I should've known we'd never get far
Oh, when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Yeah, I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life"

Coming soon:
  • Ferry Landing
  • View from a bike
  • Ocean Avenue
  • The Birthday Club
  • Online, cheap shopping
  • Traditions- I know it is super early but one tradition needs to start early(ready for December 1)
  • Traditions - Costumes
  • Bucket List


No comments:

Post a Comment