Friday, August 5, 2016

Observations from the Beach

When we arrived Marty said there are so many old people.  I said we are the old people.  He said no we are the youngest people here.

July in California is family time.  August in California starts to slow down as the Arizona kids go back to school.  That makes it really nice for getting into restaurants and attractions.  I really don't care about attractions but I do care about restaurants.

If you read my blog you know that I do not cook.  But it is on my list to learn.  My kids are laughing out loud right now because they have seen me ruin almost every cooking project that I have attempted.  I really do need some lessons.  I have been known to take a shortcut on a recipe and then have the cookies end up in one big lump dripping over the sides of Marty's cool,  flat cookie sheets into the oven.  I think I went to the bakery to deliver cookies for some school event after the cookie massacre.

Some of my kids are arriving soon.  They want to go to the Zoo, the Beach, see the sand castle man....and on and on.  They have a cool thing on the beach that I saw last night.  You reserve a firepit, They get the fire started and supply the beach chairs.  Then you roast hot dogs, s'mores, and I don't know what else.  This is all coordinated through the hotel concierge and you do not have to be a hotel guest(we are not!).  So stay tuned for more pics of my beautiful Grandchildren.

I think way too much, especially when I am trying to get to sleep.  I have had many thoughts about if I should blog, is it worth the time, does anybody really care?  Today I got two notes from friends, one about a dear Mother that she was remembering through the song I listed.  This woman was a dear and I am sure is remembered fondly. We are honoring our loved ones who join us in spirit.  I know My Mom and Dad seem to make it to every family party.  The G kids know many stories about Great Ya-Ya and Papou doing fun, crazy stuff.

My other friend was reminded of some college memories.  She also chose two of my favorite albums in her Top Five.  She wanted more than 5- Don't we all???  It makes me smile to know that she is remembering the fun times that we shared and the laughs and hugs.

Hearing that I have jogged your memory just a little, made you smile, or cry.  Makes me smile and cry.

It is a beautiful day and I am headed outside to actually achieve one of my August wishes, walking or bike riding at least 30 minutes a day.  I hope I can get to my bike.
"The West coast has the sunshine
And the girls all get so tanned
I dig a french bikini on Hawaii island
Dolls by a palm tree in the sand

I been all around this great big world
And I seen all kinds of girls
Yeah, but I couldn't wait to get back in the states
Back to the cutest girls in the world" California Girls by The Beach Boys

Coming Soon:
The Birthday Club
The Surfer Birthday Party
Zoo Mania

No comments:

Post a Comment